Address Changes

Reopening Tips

Use the online option for your address change. Please do not change your address in person unless you are also completing another transaction. Mailed changes are subject to delay.

Moving Photo

We do not accept any address change by email. Address changes on Commercial Driver Licenses must be completed in person.

Nevada law requires motorists to notify DMV of a change of address within 30 days of the move, including residents who are leaving the state permanently.

Keeping your address current with us is important as we mail your renewal notices and notification of license suspensions, insurance valiation requests, etc. 

You may list separate mailing and residence addresses.

Real ID Top ↑

As of October 1, 2021, the federal government will require your driver's license or ID card to be Real ID compliant if you wish to use it as identification to board an aircraft or enter federal facilities where ID is required.

If you have not upgraded to a Real ID, you may wish to visit a DMV office to change your address and upgrade at the same time. See the Real ID Act in Nevada for requirements.

Options Top ↑

Be sure to select/include your driver's license AND your vehicles. Have your license plates number(s) ready. Vehicle addresses are not changed automatically.

MyDMV LogoInternet

Change your address online with a MyDMV account. You'll receive a new license or ID in the mail. You also have the option of ordering duplicate registration certificates.

Take a moment to create your account and get access to your license and vehicle records all in one place. MyDMV is address changes and much more!

Get Started!


Complete the Change of Address Notification (DMV 22). You may fax the request to (775) 684-4829 or mail it to the address on the application.

You should include a Payment Authorization Form (ADM 205) with faxed orders. Send an authorization, a check or a money order with mailed applications. Do not send cash.

The cost for your license or ID card is $4.25. We will mail you a new license or ID card within 10 business days.

Updated Registration Certificates for your vehicles are optional. You may write your new address on the existing certificate. If you wish to order a new certificate and/or license plate decal, the cost is $6 for each vehicle. These are mailed separately from your license.

Active-duty military members, spouses and dependents who are residents of Nevada but stationed in another state should include a copy of their most recent Leave and Earnings Statement.

Handicapped Placards
You must submit a DMV 22 Application to change the address on handicapped placards. This is not available online.

Off-Highway Vehicles
OHV address changes are completed and mailed on a separate form. Complete the OHV Change of Address Notification (OHV 010). Do not submit this at a DMV office.

In Person

You can complete a change of address in person at any DMV office. The new license or ID will be mailed to you. Registration Certificates are issued at the office.

The fee for an address change only is $4.25. If you are upgrading to a Real ID, the fee is $9.25 for a driver's license, $8.25 for an ID card or $13.25 for a commercial license.

Use the following application for in-person address changes:

Updated Registration Certificates are optional. You may write your new address on the existing certificate. If you wish to order a new certificate and/or license plate decal, the cost is $6 for each vehicle.

Registration Renewal Top ↑

Use MyDMV if your vehicle registration is due and you must change your address. Create a MyDMV account, change your address and renew online in just a few simple steps.

Vehicle registration renewals completed through the Internet or emission inspection stations are sent to the address on record for the vehicle. The U.S. Postal Service will not forward the Registration Certificate and decal. A forwarding order with the Postal Service does not change your address with the DMV.

You may also renew by mail and include a Change of Address Notification by Mail.

If your registration is due or expired, you may renew at a DMV kiosk and complete the address change afterward. You do not need a renewal notice to obtain an emission inspection or renew.

If you have already completed the renewal, you will have to apply for a substitute decal. You may change your address and order a duplicate through MyDMV.

Or, you may use an Application for Duplicate Registration Certificate (VP 013) and a Payment Authorization Form (ADM 205). Include a cover letter with your daytime telephone number. Fax these to (775) 684-4797 or mail them to the address on the application. If you are mailing your application, you may pay by check or money order.

You may also renew or obtain a substitute decal in person at any DMV office. See Renewal Options.