Real ID Graphic Learn More About Real ID Learn More About Real ID

Motor Carrier Forms

Announcements Top ↑

Semi Truck

IFTA Filing Online!  New!

File your IFTA tax return and see all of your account information online. Read the Online Filing Notice and call or email for more details.

Iowa Fuel Tax Rates

Iowa has had an IFTA tax rate increase beginning March 1, 2015. See the Notice of Iowa Split Rates for filing instructions if you traveled in Iowa during the first quarter.

Permanent Trailer Plates

Nevada now offers permanent plate and registration for full and semi-trailers that are part of a fleet and registered through the Motor Carrier Division.  The one-time fee for a permanent plate/registration is $111 plus $4.50 plate fees. The permanent registration is valid for as long as the company or person owns the trailer.

Qualifications to obtain a permanent trailer registration:

Permanent Trailer Plate

Existing plates can be switched. See the Permanent Trailer Plate Notification or contact us for details.

Farm Plates

Click for PDF Help

The Department now issues “FARM” plates to certain farm equipment and implements of husbandry. Please see the application and instructions below in order for the Department to process your request.

Clark County Fuel Tax Indexing Forms

Reimbursement Request for Special Fuel Purchased in Clark County (MC413 - XLS)

Temporary Trip Permit Requirements

Out of state commercial vehicles with a Combined Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 10,001 pounds or more are required to get a temporary registration permit. All carriers are now required to get permits before entering Nevada.

Out of state commercial vehicles 10,000 pounds and under used in business in Nevada are required to obtain a Non-Resident Business Permit within 10 days of commencing operations. See Movement Permits.

Oversize and Overweight Permits

The Nevada Department of Transportation website is your best source for current information and the latest route restrictions on your over-sized and overweight vehicle permits. NDOT no longer uses bulk mail to update restrictions or instructions. See:

NDOT issued two Letters of Instruction dated November 30, 2011, on routes for oversized vehicles.

Prohibited Routes for Overlength and Overweight Vehicles

Prohibited Routes for Overweight Vehicles during Spring Thaw

Dyed Fuel Reminder

Using dyed fuel in a highway vehicle is strictly illegal! See the IRS Brochure.

Potential Fuel Tax Evasion Report

Do your part to make sure everyone pays their fair share. Report potential fuel tax evasion online or by calling the Motor Carrier Audit Team at (775) 684-4634.

UCR Registration

If you operate any truck or bus in interstate commerce, you must register with the federal Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) program. Nevada is a non-participating state and does not offer this service. However, Nevada-based carriers must comply with UCR. You must register with a participating state. Online registration is available at or see UCR Contacts.


Silver Flume LogoSilverFlume, an online service from the Nevada Secretary of State, enables businesses to set up a profile with the basic information that nearly every governmental agency in Nevada requires. You can sign in with your existing Secretary of State online account. Manage your business more efficiently by creating a SilverFlume profile.

User Renewal Information and Forms Top ↑

User Licensing Top ↑

Daily Use



Applications Top ↑

IRP Training Videos

Window Media files from  |  English  |  Spanish  |  French

Use these forms for all IRP registrations, IFTA permits and non-apportioned registrations.
New carriers must register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. See FMCSA New Entrant Background Information and Online Registration and the IRP and IFTA manuals.

Semi Truck

User Tax Return/Refunds Top ↑

Nevada IFTA Sticker

Tax Rates, Conversion Rates and all other IFTA information is available from the International Fuel Tax Association at the following link:

We want your feedback! Contact Motor Carrier and tell us how to improve our services. Click on a link below.

IFTA Tax Returns

New!  Washington has had a tax rate increase beginning August 1, 2015. See the Washington Tax Rate Notice for instructions.

File your tax return online! Read the Online Filing Notice and call or email for more details.

HazMat & Amber Light Permits Top ↑

Commercial Driver License Top ↑

See Commercial Licensing.