- At least one of the named insured must appear on the vehicle registration. A vehicle registered only to an additional driver will cause a lapse.
- Review the actual vehicle registration when writing the policy.
The name and VIN must match.
- Remind your customers to change their address with the Department when they move.
- You may confirm continuous coverage on behalf of your customers. See the Coverage Affidavit below.
Forms & Brochures Top ↑
Online Services Top ↑
Help your customers! Agents may use the online update to ensure the DMV has the correct policy information.
Click "No Thanks, Just Continue" to help your clients without creating a MyDMV account.
Motorists are required to present a Nevada Evidence of Insurance card for vehicle registration, renewals, reinstatements and license plate changes.
See Locations for office fax numbers if your customers ask you to fax a card. DMV technicians enter this information into the DMV computer system, which instantly verifies it with the carrier through Nevada LIVE.
A recently-purchased or changed policy may not be verified instantly if you have only issued a binder and the carrier has not completely processed it. You need to check the Registration and Status Inquiry at a later date to ensure your insurance company validated the policy.
Did You Know... Top ↑
The DMV offers many alternatives to in-person visits. Use the insurance-related services above and these too!
Kiosks charge a $3 processing fee for registration renewals and a $1 fee for all other transactions.
- Registration Renewals online, at kiosks and at emission inspection stations.
See Registration Renewals. Customers without a renewal notice may use their license plate number and last 4 digits of the VIN. Renewals can be up to 18 months late. Kiosks dispense the decal and registration certificate on the spot. Kiosks at DMV offices also accept cash.
- Driver History Printouts online and at kiosks
Drivers may obtain a three, nine or ten year history online and at kiosks. We also have a code lookup page for court, violation and withdrawal codes. See Driver History.
- License and ID Duplicates and Renewals online and at kiosks
See Duplicates and Renewal Options for Driver License or ID Cards. Customers receive an access code with their renewal notices and pay by echeck, debit or credit cards.
- Drive Test Scheduling and Registration Fee Estimates online
Drive test scheduling is for Class C and M non-commercial drivers who have an instruction permit and have met any time limits or other requirements. Have the VIN ready for the Registration Fee Estimate.
- We offer DMV forms on our website and by Fax On Demand
See the Forms Room or Fax On Demand page.
We have downloadable tip sheets for your customers:
See also Traffic Laws and Traffic Safety Resources.
Nevada LIVE Top ↑
Nevada LIVE (Liability Insurance Validation Electronically) is the Department of Motor Vehicles' program to verify motor vehicle liability insurance coverage. The DMV and insurance companies exchange policy information over a secure internet connection.
Reporting Guides & Publications
Department of Motor Vehicles
555 Wright Way
Carson City, Nevada 89711-0800
(775) 684-4850 Reno/Sparks/Carson City
(702) 486-8696 Las Vegas Area
(800) 344-0483 Rural/Toll Free
(775) 684-4904 TDD (Hearing Impaired only)