Types of SchoolsTop ↑
The DMV licenses private driving schools and instructors in Nevada. There are three broad categories of schools:
- Professional - Schools that teach beginning drivers or drivers in specialized areas such as trucking. These are further categorized by whether they offer minor driver education, general classroom courses or behind-the-wheel training.
- Traffic Safety - Schools that offer courses for drivers who have received traffic citations. These courses are taken either as part of a plea bargain with a court or for demerit point reductions.
- DUI - Schools that offer courses specifically for Driving Under the Influence court cases.
Driving instruction offered in the state's schools and colleges follow standards set by the Department of Education. They are not regulated by the DMV and are not listed on our website.
The DMV website has lists of schools and many other resources. See the following web pages:
Lists of Schools
- Professional Schools
- Professional Schools for Commercial Drivers
- Traffic Safety Schools
- DUI Schools
- Online Business License Verification
Getting Your Driver License
- Beginning Drivers Under 18
- Beginning Drivers 18 and Older
- Commercial Drivers
- Suspensions and Revocations