Make your appointment Top ↑
- Do not use this for a drive test!
- Manually scroll forward up to 90 days to see availability.
- Choose the most similar transaction if yours is not listed.
- One customer per appointment. Non-transferable.
- DMV will verify your identity at the office.
Driving Skills Test
- You must have a valid instruction permit to schedule online.
- Drive tests are available 60 days away.
- Carson City and rural offices serve local residents only.
- If your permit is expired, visit your local DMV office.
- To change or cancel your test, visit the office or call.
All customers must check in at the Information counter and be in the building prior to closing. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early.
Business/Commercial Services - Do not schedule an appointment here. See Commercial Driver License, Motor Carrier and Occupational & Business Licensing for commercial services and locations. Dealers and registration services should use established procedures.
COVID Precautions - The DMV observes social distancing limits set by each county in Nevada and the latest mask guidance from the CDC. Please stay home if you are not well.
Have your transaction ready! Top ↑
Make sure you have all of the required documentation.
Complete the licensing application before you are called for a driver license, ID Card or Driver Authorization Card transaction.
Look for the yellow form at the office or download it here.
Real ID Top ↑
Check your existing Nevada license or ID card for a gold star in the upper right corner. If it's there, you already have a Real ID.
If not, visit these pages to see if a Real ID is right for you! You can upgrade to a Real ID at the same time you complete another transaction, even a car registration.
Skip the Trip! Top ↑
- Address Changes
- Driver History Printout
- Driver License Renewal | ID Card Renewal | Duplicates
- Vehicle Registration Renewals
- Original Registration (vehicles purchased from a Nevada dealer)
- Movement Permits (vehicles with an existing Nevada registration)
- Personalized License Plate Orders
- Duplicate Registration or License Plate Decal
- Insurance Issues/Reinstatements